Thursday, December 2, 2010

News From MaryAnne

Cambodia

Wanting to share my international experience as a yoga teacher.

November took me to Cambodia to participate at Banteay Srey Project. This project is a safe haven for young Cambodian women to learn new skills.

I taught yoga to the young Cambodian women and world travelers for one month. It was a wonderful experience.

I find that teaching yoga here at home and in my travels is an exciting journey for me.

Mexico
The joys of Mexico over four years of teaching in the small community of Los Ayala has given me a new appreciation of sharing yoga.

Classes from 16 to 42 people brought in enough pesos to support the community in a number of ways. The donations were used for a variety of projects from building a school, purchasing musical instruments for a youth program to buying furniture for a senior's centre in the surrounding areas.

Follow my blog for yoga classes in the Comox Valley and abroad.


No comments:

Post a Comment